Baking the Pudding
1. Beat egg and sugar until creamy, then add jam and butter, stirring to combine thoroughly.
2. Sift together the dry ingredients and pour them into the egg-and-sugar mixture. Stir to combine.
3. Pour in the milk slowly. When the mixture is combined, add the vinegar. Pour into a baking dish and cover with foil.
4. Bake at 180°C for about 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for a further 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Mixing the Sauce
1. To make the sauce, combine the butter, cream and caster sugar in a saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved and the sauce thickens – this will take a few minutes.
2. Take the sauce off the heat and add the Amarula.
3. Pour the sauce slowly over the pudding as soon as it comes out of the oven.
4. Once the pudding is saturated with sauce, pour the remainder into a jar for guests to add.
5. Serve immediately, with custard on the side.