<< Go Back
DOUBLE DECKER TACOS
Here is what you will need:
- 455 g minced beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix, divided
- 448 g refried beans
- 160 ml water
- 12 prepared crisp taco shells
- 2 avocados
- 15 g sour cream
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 12 flour tortillas
- 275 g shredded Cheddar cheese
- 55 g shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 115 g sour cream
Here is how to do it:
- Place the ground beef in a frying pan over medium heat, and sprinkle about 3/4 of the packet of taco seasoning over the meat.
- Cook and stir the mince, breaking it up as it cooks, until the beef is browned and crumbly, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain the excess grease.
*Snappy Chef: Medium heat 600W/150°C
- Mash the refried beans with the water in a small saucepan, and sprinkle with the rest of the seasoning packet.
- Heat the refried beans over low heat until simmering.
*Snappy Chef: Low heat 400W/120°C
Keep the Snappy Chef on 400W to simmer, or change to 90°C
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
- Place the crisp taco shells on a baking sheet, and warm them in the preheated oven for 3 to 5 minutes.
- To make the guacamole, peel, seed, and mash the avocados in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of sour cream, the lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
- To build the tacos, spread each flour tortilla with about 2 tablespoons of heated refried beans.
- Wrap the tortilla gently around a crisp tortilla shell.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of minced beef along the bottom of the crisp shell, and sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of shredded Cheddar cheese on top of the meat.
- Top the cheese with shredded lettuce, a sprinkle of chopped tomato and onion, and a dollop of sour cream and guacamole.
There you have it- Double Decker Tacos!
No Comments available.
Leave your comment below: