Here is what you will need:
- 90 ml castor sugar (or to taste)
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 30 ml corn starch
- 750 ml Greek yoghurt
- A few squirts vanilla paste
- Mint leaves
Here is how to do it:
- Take at least two thirds of the strawberries and slice them coarsely.
- Place in a processor and process until smooth.
- If you want to remove all seedy bits, push the sauce through a sieve then transfer to a saucepan.
*Snappy Chef: Boil slowly at 400W/120°C
- Add half of the sugar and the lemon juice and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Mix the corn starch with a little cold water and add as much of it to the puree to thicken to your taste.
- Stir until thick and glossy then remove from the heat.
- Set aside to cool.
- Just before serving, halve the remaining strawberries and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Now, sweeten the yoghurt to taste with the remaining sugar and add a squirt or two of vanilla paste and mix well.
- Spoon a generous portion of the sauce into the bottom of suitable pretty glasses or bowls and top with a thick layer of sweetened vanilla yoghurt.
- Then, spoon a layer of the remaining sauce over and top with halved strawberries.
- Finish with a small mint leaf and serve.
Voila! You have your mouth-watering Strawberry-yoghurt parfait. This recipe produces about six servings, so it is great treat for your family.